Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Quilting Done on Grand Illusion Mystery

Yahoo!  I finished the quilting on my Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt today!  I guessed well - it took just a hair over 8 bobbins worth of thread.

I have the edges trimmed up and I need to make the binding and sew it on tomorrow.  I am not sure what I will use at this point.  I guess I will dig through my stash and see what I might have that looks good.  I might actually need to buy something!

I used warm and natural batting in this one, and Aurifil thread for the quilting with a size 14 needle.  The backing is a Riley Blake print that I thought looked nice with it and I got it on sale from Fabric Depot.

I am keeping this one for myself.  It has a lot of interesting prints in it.  I threw in quite a few of my beloved Paris prints.  I just about cleared out my pink scraps on this, and really had fun with the colors in this.  

It quilted up great, only a couple of thread breaks.  I did have some skipping in certain spots because some of the fabrics are those icky white on white with a painted on coating.  (a couple of the pinks also have that issue)  I won't be choosing those fabrics again, so I am glad they are out of my stash!  I am excited to show this quilt tomorrow at my guild meeting and put it on my bed afterwards!  Such a bright, happy quilt - it will be wonderful to brighten up my room during the rainy season here.

No comments: