Showing posts with label troubleshooting blog problems. Show all posts
Showing posts with label troubleshooting blog problems. Show all posts

Friday, January 01, 2016

An Unfortunate Discovery - or Why You Shouldn't Link Photos to Your Blog from Facebook

I was going back last night through some blog posts from earlier this year, and found that there were a lot of pictures missing!  I asked Google about this, and found that apparently facebook links expire after an indefinite period.  I had no clue!  I just thought I had discovered a convenient way to post pictures on my blog.  Thus, I spent a good part of this day replacing all of the pictures I could find that were missing.  It took a bit of detective work to find some of them as some are posted on my business page - PamelaQuilts, and some were posted on my personal page.

It did make me realize how productive I really am, however!  It was fun to see a lot of the projects I've worked on over the last two years.

This one is a bit older than that, but this is a favorite one - it is a miniaturized version of a larger quilt.  I kind of wish I could remember the pattern I used, it would be fun to do this one again.  I remember struggling with drafting out the templates for those corner shapes!

***edited to add that I found the pattern name - it is Nova Nouvelle by Ginny Beyer.  I made it in a smaller version.  Here is a blog post about it:  Red Ribbon for Nova Nouvelle.  I made it sometime around 2006 apparently, and sold it on Etsy.***

At least I enjoyed going though some pictures!  And I know not to post from those facebook urls anymore - I think I have found all the missing pictures for now, but I'll continue to keep my eye on this.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a productive sewing day!